About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Relocating Down South!!!

Sorry I've not blogged much in the last couple of days and I've not been entering the challenges....beginning to get the shakes now, lol.
However, as you can see I have been a bit busy.
At long last DH agreed for me to relocate South. Not technically South as in geographic blurb but South in the house ie from box room in the Northern Hemisphere to back extension room downstairs.
My convincing arguments eventually won over.
#1 the room has to be cleared this week anyway for new windows to be fitted;
#2 we can't keep accommodating DS in our room, on the floor, whenever our Grand-daughter or other visitors come to stay.
So why not combine the two and let me use the lesser required downstairs extension room, yayy!
The first picture is of the said box room once I
got the bit between my teeth.
This next picture is of the chaos that has spilt
over into our bedroom, and then into DS's room.
As you can see one of our cats' got in on
the action...
I've omitted the photo of the landing which now
looks like an army assault course, lol
Finally, this is how my new Craft Zone is shaping up.
Please don't expect it to stay tidy but at least there will
be more play room when fellow stampers come to play.
I can think of one person in particular who will be clapping
her hands with glee as she's wanted me to move it
downstairs for yonks. Not mentioning any names of course
but she lives in the North East, lol.
Hopefully I will be back to stamping and entering challenges before the week is out so watch this space, x

5 comments:

  1. I had a moment of panic when I saw the title of your post but am now mightily relieved having read it! Congratulations - I look forward to ejoying the space with you sometime.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your move !! What a great looking craft room !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Alison - must be great to get more space :) That downstairs room will be perfect, too! Presumably it's the one where I slept (or didn't, lol?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is you talking about moi Alison, brill, will be down when you are finished for a play

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cath - yep it is that same room so next time you come you'll be in the shed, lol.
    Dot - yep, it's all your fault. As soon as the box room is fixed up with the bed in then you can book your ticket, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated