About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 5 February 2010

Truly Scrumptious Sketch Challenge

Good Morning everyone. The snow has gone again but it has been raining all night and it is dismal and grey outside. Still gives me a good excuse to be in my Craft Zone.
You will remember that I was planning a couple of days crafting.......Say no more!

Anyway, eventually yesterday afternoon and evening I managed to get stuck in only for the camera battery to die on me. So its been on charge overnight and now I can show you my entry for the Truly Scrumptious Sketch Challenge http://trulyscrumptiouschallenges.blogspot.com/
I think it is self explanatory as to what I have done here but because the flower was too blue for what I wanted I added some shading with a Stazon Vibrant Violet inkpad. The little girl stamp I just adore but can't remember who makes it. I've coloured her in using watercolours and used a light watercolour wash to take the starkness off the white surround.
I did also find time to make something for our Yahoo Group's Valentine Mingle which is all set to upload. However I want to make sure it is with the recipient before I post it on my blog.
Hope you all have a good day, x

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors you have used for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and such a wondrful image too

    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely card, I love the sparkly ribbon. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated