About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Art Journalling and blogging off again...

I know, I know, I know, I'm usually blogging daily and entering challenges daily but this past week just seems to have vanished in the blink of an eye. Anyway I just wanted to share with you some of the piccies from my fantastic weekend of Art Journalling with the brill Dyan at Art From The Heart.
Hubby, Son and myself took the caravan to Knaresborough for the weekend so that it wasn't too far to travel each day and on the whole the weather was kind for us. Well, more for them cos I was busy, lol.
The weekend was really full on but I just wanted to share my first ever journal page with you. I have tweaked it a bit since the workshop but the essence of it remains the same.

We're off this weekend, again, in our caravan to visit my 95 year old Auntie in the Cotswolds so I'm not only missing Port Sunlight but also the official opening at AFTH:((( However, I am planning on taking my journalling stuff with me and having a play while we're away.
Finally I'll leave you with a piccie of my Certificate and hope to be back on a more regular basis next week, x




9 comments:

  1. An Ology!! My oh my! She got to know you so quickly to get such an appropriate award for you! LOL!
    Glad you enjoyed it and we'll miss you at Port Sunny but have a great time in the Cotswolds.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journal page Alison - ROFL at the certificate. I'll wave to you from Cheltenham - don't forget you could visit the Stamp Bug as it's their open weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first page looks great, Alison. I've tweaked mine as well since I got back but I think it miht be my second attempt that gets uploaded.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, Alison. Glad you had a good time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like its all gor for you. I am loving your journal page...gorgeous colours.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brill Alison, looks like you nwere very creative. Have a good weekend this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page Alison. Glad you enjoyed the weekend.

    (Thanks for the beautiful card)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alison (CB) I haven't even attempted to up load my first attempt. I have messed around a bit but that's about it.
    Was lovely to meet you at AfTH hope you enjoyed your birthday tea!!
    Maybe see you again some time.
    Lesley x (aka Mrs Hedgehog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I want a certificate. Good to read you had such a great time. Your Journal page is amazing. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated