About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Journal Pages From Tangiers

Not sure what's happened here as these were supposed to upload this morning on a scheduled post prior to the train journey based pages. Hey Ho!! The joys of blogging...... 


I've decided to schedule some of my holiday photos and journal pages so that I can guarantee a daily blog even if I don't physically make it onto my PC.


These 4 pages are based on our overnight stay in Tangiers. We arrived at lunchtime on the first day and left early the following morning to travel onto Rabat.

This top page has a torn section of map folded over showing the Hotel and some of the Medina.

I created the belt and buckle on the girl's trousers from ribbon.




This second page was really my interpretation of the crammed housing conditions and the feeling that the Medina was a bit of a toy town with 'big' people everywhere.


I've included a little snippet from the Hotel leaflet inside  photo mount.






The third page was my attempt at drawing the door and window architecture and using them to journal in.





I've tied the ferry ticket from Gibraltar to the page.










Finally this last page was more about the colours than anything else

I hope you like them. I've certainly enjoyed creating them, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated