About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Monday 17 January 2011

Creative Card Crew; Digi Doodle #42; Totally Papercrafts; Daring Cardmakers

 Good Evening everyone. I'm only just going to make it for one of the challenges I want to enter this into so I'm typing at top speed, lol

I've actually made this card for my Mum who will be 88 next week. Tilda maybe a bit cutesy for her but she'll love the idea of the 'prom' type image and of course the flowers. I've coloured Tilda with copics:-
skin - E21, 93 and Promarker in Satin
hair - E31, 33, 35
clothes - YG00, 03, 06, 09
tiara - RV02, 04
I've also added some adhesive gems to bling up her tiara
 I've made the card as a gatefold and shaped the edges by drawing and cutting round a nestie shape. I've also created a buckle and tab effect for the closure using a piece of card and a chipboard shape. This I have coloured with dabbers in willow and raspberry.
For the second time in a matter of days I have been disecting the beautiful Papermania Rose Garden DP and have used 3 different sheets from this.

The ribbon on the front is actually two. An organza overlaid with the pretty narrower spotty ribbon. Using 1 image, 3 papers and 2 ribbons is the criteria for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge.

Finally the 'trellising' inside has been created with a Martha Stewart punch.

I hope you like it and the links are below, x

Creative Card Crew - Fancy Folds
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/2011/01/lets-see-some-fancy-folds.html
Digi Doodle #42 - pink and green
http://digidoodleshopsbest.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-42-colour-comb-of-pink-green.html
Totally Papercrafts - Happy Birthday
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-49-happy-birthday.html
Daring Cardmakers - Recipe
http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/2011/01/absolutely-no-calories-recipe.html

6 comments:

  1. that gatefold is superb. I am sure your mother will love it. Thanks for playing along with Daring Cardmakers this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely.
    You can enter our prize draw of you add the links required The Daring Cardmakers check back on our blog for the details

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so sweet! Thanks for joining our pink/green challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, thank you for joining us at at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty, adore your choice of soft colours

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs, Sarah-Louise

    Designing for Crafty Purple Frog, Bearly mine Designs, Creative Card Crew and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated