About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Winter Wonderland; Friday Sketchers; Crafty Cardmakers

Good Evening, hope you are all well in blogland. First I'm gonna have a moan cos I need to get this off my chest. Last September I had a bump in my car. Not my fault, the other driver jumped a red light on me. Anyhow, he accepted liability as did his insurers and all was settled. Today I've chased up my Insurers to find out why my monthly payments haven't gone down now that they've retrieved all their losses, to be told that the Underwriters load your premium even when the accident is not your fault. How can that be right??? Blooming bureaucracy gone mad!!!
Off to find another Insurance Company...

Right! Rant over, onto tonight's quickie card.

I wanted to get this one in quick for the current Winter Wonderland challenge which is Paws for Thought. I'm determined to get as many Christmas cards as possible made before the end of the year.....

I used the current Friday Sketchers sketch as my template and also found that it fitted into the current Crafty Cardmakers challenge which is red and a die cut.

The limited copics I used were R02, 05 and I added some stickles to teddy's hat. Teddy, by the way, was a magazine freebie ages ago, designed by Adam Pescott. The DP is by Papermania 'Henbury Lane' and I've added some adhesive stars for bling.

I hope you like it and the challenge links are below, x




3 comments:

  1. It is lovely card Alison.
    You can never win with these insurance people

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a gorgeous creation and just perfect paws, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you back for the next challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fab card honey!
    Love the papers and the image is so sweet!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated