About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 4 February 2011

Prince Charming

Well maybe not Prince Charming but sometimes in life you have to kiss a lot of frogs, lol.

This is a new stamp (to me) that I bought during my weekend in Scotland, one of many...thanks to my lovely hostess who took me to a stamp shop sale, lol. Its a Penny Black image and I thought he was rather cute especially with the wee heart shaped mouth. I've coloured him with copics G21, 28, Y28 and backed him with DP from Memory Box 'Rhubarb Tart'. The paper swirl at the top right was created by using one of the dies from my new Floral Accent Shapeabilities set which I won in a blog challenge from 7 Kids College Fund.

Brads and Pearls are from my stash and the pine leaves were created with my Martha Stewart punch. Oh, the heart is from a ring I picked up in the sales. I think it was 99p and it's got about 12 different hearts dangling from it....Bargain!

I've used the current Penny Black sketch challenge and I'm also entering it into Fussy and Fancy #29, which is to create a valentine's project without using red or pink, also The Stampsmith Challenge #7 which is royalty, well he is wearing a crown, lol.

I hope you like it and the links are below, x

http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/01/penny-black-saturday-challengeweek-136.html

http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/01/fussy-and-fancy-friday-challenge-week.html

http://thestampsmithchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/tsc7-royalty-using-any-stamp-company.html

10 comments:

  1. this is so sweet....such a cute image......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison not sure if my comment came through as I had a blip. If you get two comments you can delete one.
    YIKES! I have a fear of frogs and toads but you created a fun and clever card here. Is this the frog that my Princess has to kis?!!!
    Great use of embellishments. Good to have you join the fun at TSSC and good luck with the Prize Draw :)Wishes Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. Thanks for your fab interpretation of my sketch and for entering this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this card how appropriate for valentines! Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison, this is just too cute! Love your Prince Charming! It's fun to see everyone's interpretation of the theme. Thanks so much for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge! Good luck in the draw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. IRL I shy away from frogs but in cartoons I love them and this card is no exception. Love how you have done it - such a cute fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute frog prince. Love all the accents you added. Great coloring too. Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge blog! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute image, lovely colour scheme. FABULOUS card. Thanks for joining us this time at Fussy and Fancy. Hope to see you again soon.
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect entry for the Royalty theme at The Stampsmith Challenge!! It's adorable! Thank you so much for joining us - good luck in the draw!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant stamp and a fabulous card, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated