About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Monday 28 March 2011

Amy

Well, here it is, my last card for a few days. Tomorrow I have an interview in Salford and then I'm off to Stratford Upon Avon for a few days with a friend to have some girlie chill out time.

This cute image is called Amy and she is a freebie from Crafty Sentiments Designs for use in their current challenge. She was easy to colour with my copics although some of my shading could have been better. Copics used:
skin - E21, 93, promarker satin
hair - E50, 51, 53, 31
shoes - E31, 33
top - BV00, 02, 02
jeans - B93, 95

The DP is Papermania 'Henbury Lane' and the sentiment is one of my new LOTV.
The curly gardenia are from Crafty Emma's Store as are the pearls. The small rose buds are from my stash and the leaves are my MS border punch.

I hope you like it and I'll see you all again at the weekend, x

I'm entering it into the following challenges:-

Friday Sketchers #147 - sketch
http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/sketch-147-sponsored-by-my-favorite.html
The Play Date Cafe #74 - photo inspiration
http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2011/03/play-date-cafe-challenge-pdcc74.html
Digi Doodle Shop's Best #52 - ribbons and bows (bows in her hair)
http://digidoodleshopsbest.blogspot.com/2011/03/ddsb-52.html
Delightful Sketches Challenge - pastels and ribbons
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/2011/03/delightful-pastels-and-ribbon-challenge.html
Crafty Sentiments Designs - freebie Amy
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.com/2011/03/amychallenge-blog-hop-freebie.html
Cupcake Crafts #135 - flowers for Mum
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/03/cupcake-135-flowers-for-mum.html

19 comments:

  1. Super cute card~ Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image and I love the papers you used! So glad to have you playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely flower combos with this sweet card, thanks for joining in our Amy challenge at CS hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness you have been a busy bee, lots of fabulous cards on show, have a great time with your friend and good luck for the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Alison, have a great time with your friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty or what and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alison,
    What a lovely card. Love the dp's, the colour scheme, the layout looks fab too,love the flowers you've used. Fab colouring. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments and good luck.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this - that digi really is cute isn't it?! Hope you have a great few days chilling out!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Alison. Love the image and colour scheme.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute - so fun how you've used those rose buds as accents. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi CB! So glad you could play along with us for our blues and purples challenge week at The Play DAte CAfe! THanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the interview - let me know how you go on. Enjoy your holiday away with your girlfriend. Thanks for sharing this delightful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. She's a sweetie! Love the little sentiment in the circle. Thanks for playing along with at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this card, Love it, the colours are brilliant, Thanks for playing along on Crafty Sentiments this week Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh hun, your card is gorgeous, love the image and the pretty paper you have used!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable card! Enjoy your getaway!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really pretty card, Alison! I hope the interview went well snd I hope your having a really restful and enjoyable time!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated