About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Monday 28 March 2011

Double Twisted Easel Card

 OMG. I can't believe how much quicker this Google Chrome is as a browser. I hope it lasts.

This is my first attempt at a double twisted easel card. I started playing around with it at Padgate Crafters a few weeks ago and because I'm going away for a few days I thought I better tidy up a few loose ends ie finish some half started projects, lol.

I thought the colours were perfect for a spring card and I've used part of a LOTV sentiment 'to a special person on a special day' to tailor it towards Mother's Day. I've mounted the sentiment on my new 'pennant' nesties. I cut 2 and then joined them to make a diamond shape. I then matted onto darker card. I then did the same with the DP that I printed my sentiment on. Finally I raised it onto 3d pads to create the stop.
 Elisabeth Bell's 'Sweet Ebony' was coloured with copics: E21, 93, promarker satin (skin), E31, 33 (hair), R00, 02, 05, YR04, 07, 02, 00, E49, 41, Y28, 26, 21, YG63, 67.

I've pleated a ribbon under the flower and added a feather.
The frame and text insert are part of a framey set by Art Warehouse. It is a brill clear polymer set as there are various diamond frames and solid inserts but they are all individual so you can mix and match.

The DP is Basic Grey 'Porcelain'. Pearls from the Hobby House, roses from Crafty Emma's Store and pearly brads from Meiflower. The leaf spray is a MS border trim punch.

I hope you like it and here are the challenges I'd like to enter it into, x

Simon Says - Mother's Day/Girlie
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/simon-says-mothers-daygirlie-challenge.html
Stampin for the Weekend #6 - Mum/Mother's Day
http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-6-for-mummothers-day.html
Crafty Calendar #18 - Spring
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-18-spring.html
Craft Your Days Away (CYDA) #16 - Mum/Special Lady
http://craftyourdaysaway.blogspot.com/2011/03/cyda-challenge-16-for-mum-or-special.html
Allsorts #96 - For a Special Lady
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/wk96-for-special-lady.html
Dream Valley #3 - Mother's Day
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-3-mothers-day.html
Paper Sundaes #62 - Photo Inspiration
http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2011/03/paper-sundaes-challenge-62-photo.html
Ooh La La (OLL) #76 - Mother's Day/Special Friend
http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-76.html
Fussy and Fancy wk 33 - Use a Zipper or a Feather
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/fussy-and-fancy-friday-challenge-week.html

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love that card, it's just gorgeous. Lovely colour scheme and balance of images. I even like the cute image!
    ... any chance can you spill the beans for folding it, pretty please?
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great variation on the easel card Alison. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card love the style of this.Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card, great layout and colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful card, just love the colors and images! The feather is a great touch. Thanks for entering this week's Dream Valley challenge :)

    And yes, Google Chrome is a great browser. I haven't gone back since I started using it last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow fabulous design, I thought it was two cards at first glance lol. I love the sweet SN image you've used and the colours are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Mothers Day / girlie challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great (and hard work!) Ruth, Crafty Calendar Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I've not seen an easel card like this before. Wonderfully unique! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card - love the double twisted easel shape - must have a go at one of them soon.
    The image is soooooo adorable.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Alison. Thanks for playing along with us at OLL. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison, you seem to take thaose easel cards in your stride. Really cute.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is an amazing easel card! And an adorable Sugar Nellie too! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated