About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Holly but no Ivy


Evening Everyone. So much for the Bank Holiday sunshine, we didn't get much of it. Oh well, never mind, it gave me a good excuse to stay indoors and craft.

This card started off as something quite different but somehow evolved into what you see now. I really like it and may even make a few for Christmas as it was fairly quick to do and will only require an ordinary stamp.

Both the sentiment and image are by Hero Arts. A couple of stamps I've had in my stash for years. I've used copics in YG63 and R27 and stamped the image 4 times off the page.

I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:-

ABC Christmas Challenge - 'Q' for Quote
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/08/q-is-for-quote.html
Less Is More - Recipe, to combine 3 previous challenges : Wk2 flower or tree; Wk6 off the edge; Wk9 a touch of red
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/08/week-30-recipe.html

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card Alison, beautifully coloured holly
    FAB card

    Thank you very much
    Mandi Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Alison... and preparations are in hand for Christmas I see!
    Super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fab holly stamp. Super card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card full of charm love it. Hope today is a little brighter for you XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this, Alison - such an effective card!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great colouring and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great card for Christmas and love the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, I love the way you have used the holly image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, lovely and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great classy card. I love cards that show lots of white areas and the holly stands out so well against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - love how you've made the sentiment the focal point!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautifully stamped and coloured card! I love holly on Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, Alison! I love your images and sentiment and the layout is just perfect! Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card! Great take on the Quote Challenge. Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge. We will have another fun one for you tomorrow! We hope you will play along again.
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated