About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Thursday 20 October 2011

The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge Week 6


Hello Peeps. I hope you are all well and keeping warm as the temperatures start dropping. Brrr, its been getting chilly here in West Yorkshire.

This is my calendar page for June for The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge. We were challenged to use turquoise and lace. I love this lace trim which I managed to get before Katys Corner shop closed. I've threaded some white embroidery thread through, tied a bow and then tied a mini pair of ballet shoes.

The image, which I think is Time To Stamp, has been inked with memento and I've used just a light touch of a copic pen. The verse is one I've used from my handmade birthday book as I was leafing through that trying to get some inspiration.

I really love how its turned out although I'm now beginning to wonder how I'm going to bind my completed calendar with trims along the top edge...duh! I may have to rethink that idea.

For those trying to guess my mischievious weekend there is a hint of a clue in the picture but I may just fess up a bit later this evening.

Here comes the link and thanks for looking, x
http://thecraftbarnblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/calendar-challenge-week-6-half-way.html

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful calendar page, in fact the whole calendar is going to be really lovely. You could always mount each page on a larger piece of card and then bind it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This I love - so simple and effective love how the image pops out at you with that little bit of colour and the sentiment and ballet shoes are really cute!p.s thanks for your kind comment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went down to the Craft Barn open doo I bet and made something using the colours of your hint.... possibly a full calendar and the above is one of the pages being the correct colours of the hint and I'm not writing anymore just tell me quickly or I'll fulfil my threat/promise to beat you up as I've had enough now and I'm going to keep on typing no I'm not.... just tell me... TELL ME..... shucks...you are lucky .... Corrie is on now so I'm going....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great way of incorporating turquoise and lace, Alison - brilliant. Ah, now I see - you were doing the dance of the seven veils on your weekend away? Or were you stealing flowers????? Love Jack's idea, too - mounting on bigger pieces of card would solve your problem nicely - nice one, Jack x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely calendar page, such a pretty image. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is lovely, and I'm pretty sure you will find a way to put all the months together (maybe in a tin ? ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this one Alison - my favourite colour. I have that stamp and some of that beautiful lace - which I ration out as I'm loath to part with it.
    No idea what you have been up to - flower arranging, ballet dancing, train 'spotting'???

    Hows the spindle challenge going - did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely calender page. I agree with Jack about mounting the pages onto larger pieces of card and as for guessing what you got up to all I can think of after this post is that you were flower arranging.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black & turquoise is a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never thought of black and turquoise!!Perfect. I have the same problem with mine being mounted on card. Think i will just keep seperate as a page each month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, It's lovely to see a black and turquoise calendar and black lace too, great page! Mmm the binding could be a problem, looking forward to seeing how you get around that, :0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated