About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Gingerbread Men and Ladies...And Another Clue


Oh, and of course their little gingerbread houses. The challenge this week over at Bah Humbug is Christmas Food so when I found this fab paper in my stash I thought what a brill way to use it. It's First Edition, Festive Treats, available from Crafty Emma's Store. The shutter fold is to fit in with the current Sentimental Sundays challenge.
The Merry Christmas is by Polka Doodles and the Pie, could be mincemeat or turkey, is from Papermania which I've coloured with copics and then cut out to layer onto the centre panel.

Before I give you the challenge links here is another clue in the mystery that was my mishievious weekend...

Think blue and green, a little bit of lilac and a hint of yellow......

Bah Humbug #41 - Christmas Food
Sentimental Sundays #77 - Fancy Folds

6 comments:

  1. Well I really think you wouldn't suit your hair in those colours....
    unless maybe it's nail polish, each nail a different shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just gorgeous. Love this type of card - and you have really made it gorgeous.
    Have a great week and do pop back on Friday for our new challenge.
    Love from the Bah! Humbug! Design Team - Ann and Max who this week are both in the Yorkshire wing of the Hall and having a fantastic time shopping and crafting together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! love the shutter fold card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and creative work. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Alison.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this a card type I need to try next. I just get so frustrated when it comes to cutting small pieces of paper....I always fear that they won't fit!! LOL!!! This is gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your "FANCY FOLDS" with us at Sentimental Sundays.

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated