About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 5 February 2012

Knitting to share


Told you I'd be back. This is my first attempt at a circular layette basket. I've made it for the same friend's daughter who's card I've just shared with you. She is expecting her first baby in May, a girl, and I fancied having a go at this. I'm really chuffed with how its turned out especially as I made it in DK rather than the stated chunky.

Below is a close up of the moss stitch

And here is a close up of the pattern created as I've made the circular base. I'm now making another in a chunky knobbly wool for my Step-daughter who is due her second baby next month. I'll share that with you as soon as its finished.

Finally, here is another poncho I made for my neighbour as a gift for her niece.
Hope you like my recent uploads and I'll be back as soon as possible. In the meantime keep safe and warm.

3 comments:

  1. You are well into your knitting Alison aren't you. I hated moss stitch it seems to take forever to grow. I love all your pieces you are getting very clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely knitting Alison and that pink is so pretty, just right for a baby girl.
    If it carries on being so cold I think you will be getting lots more orders for those ponchos - in big sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always loved moss stitch when I used to knit (many many moons ago) before papercrafting took hold of me. This is so pretty in pink.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated