About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Saturday 28 July 2012

Home Alone....Again!


Happy Saturday everyone. The sun is shining here in Bradford again and I'm sharing a sunny card with you which I made, pre-leg, for a lovely crafting lady who had a birthday yesterday.

The flowers are a digi image which I coloured with copics, mounted onto some DP and added a twist of ribbon to finish.

Update on my labrador. The vet wasn't overly concerned, she thinks the fall has just aggravated her arthritis. However, I wasn't aware she had any arthritis to her hind legs. So we'll up her analgesia for a few days and see if that does the trick. As for the lump, I suspect its a haematoma (bruise) as its quite mobile.

Anyway, home alone again, but this time I have been left with a fantastic slave carer. My #2 Son is being a gem and I couldn't deny hubby a day off to go to the footie, especially as the other evening's trip out went awry when #2 Son came home poorly and hubby had to turn around and return home. So he's vacuumed, walked the dog and even provided lunch c/o the local buttie shop.

Enjoyed watching the Olympic swimming this morning, anyone else tuning in.

TTFN, x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous,love the soft colours of your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Bless him, Alison - Mark's a love, isn't he? Hope he's feeling better now. Also hope my favourite lab is feeling a bit better - you'll have to get a doggy lift so she doesn't hurt herself again. Etta really is one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely sunny card. It hasn't been sunny in my part of the country though - lots of rain and thunderstorms.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty card, Alison - lovely colours!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated