About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Coffee and C - - -

         Coffee and Cake Case.

Couldn't quite manage the cake but I did today, for the first time, manage to make and carry in a cup of coffee to the living room. More and more I am managing around the house without my crutches. Still need one for the stairs and using 2 when I'm out but indoors its getting to the point that I can't remember where I've left them...
Had another session at the hydrotherapy pool today, but was so shattered when I got home that I went to bed and finally woke up 2 hours later. Physio was really pleased today with my progress but has advised me to continue with both crutches when I am out of the house. More physio tomorrow.

But until then here are the final piccies of the case. You would have seen them yesterday but when I was taking the photos I realised I'd made a huge faux pas and had to redo the front.

So below we have the inside of the lid complete with little mirrors for Barbie to fix her makeup/hair. 


Here is the lid with plenty of embellishments...

A close up of the mini keyring. I may alter this nearer the time. It is only for Christmas after all.

A side view...

The final view of the other side.

I hope you've enjoyed the journey of the suitcase. Now all I need to do is make some clothes for Barbie to go inside. At the moment she has a woolly hat and a 'tube' dress.

TTFN, x


3 comments:

  1. It's fabulous and I'm sure she will adore it. Thanks for the journey!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the case Alison and am so pleased you are getting about better, keep up the good work pet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you have made of this and how lovely to see the inside not only decorative but useful (for the doll of course - to fix hair and makeup). Can just imagine the delight on Casey's face when she opens her present up.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated