About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Friday 3 August 2012

The Wheels on the Bus and A Green Bag...


Evening All. I had to laugh when I realised how this photo had turned out and therefore thought I would share the humour with you. I thought I'd try and be artistic and display my latest creation in front of my rapidly diminishing flowers. Of course I hadn't realised it would look like the vase, lol.

So this is the same pattern used as the purple/grey one from the other evening but this time in 2 different shades of green - James Brett Marble Chunky again.

I expect you're wondering where the 'wheels on the bus' come into this post. Well, we took a trip out to Halifax today on the bus, complete with crutches and wheelchair. It was so nice to be able to get out for a couple of hours, browse round some  shops and have a spot of lunch in a cafe. 

Had a little mooch round the market, a good old fashioned indoor market, where we got some lovely fresh veggies and fruits. Then off to stock up on some crafting magazines to keep me amused during my 'confinement'.

My only excuse for not blogging yesterday is that I increased my activity level in the morning and then fell asleep in the afternoon....

So until next time...xxx


2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your knitting. I hope you realise that because of you I've restarted. I've made myself a waistcoat but have yet to put the buttons on it (won't get done now till the end of the olympics, lol). Glad you are enjoying your trip to the shops and hope everything goes smoothly for you. Wishing you all the best. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. H'mm, and it would be a great idea for a vase. Nothing like a good, old English market, is there? Love them. Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated