About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Saturday 30 March 2013

52 Weeks of Happy - 13/52


Happy Easter Everyone. I hope the weekend is a little warmer for you all. My 4 photos of Happy for this week are:-
Above (1) - the beautifully scented hyacinths that have now bloomed from my Mothers' Day basket;
Below (2) - These fabulously vibrant tulips that I treated myself to with the backdrop of a snow covered garden;

3 - My fast growing tomato plants which are due for repotting this weekend while I have my #2 Son staying (he works in a Garden Centre);


4 - Difficult to spot for you, but perched on the tree you can just make out one of our local SparrowHawks.
Finally on a sad note, when I was coming home from Bradford yesterday having collected #2 Son,  we passed by the tragic scene of the collision on the M62. I believe there was a 90 year old fatality. My thoughts and prayers go to her family at this sad time. A tragedy at any time but especially when this weekend usually signals a time for family get togethers.

Until next time, x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers Alison, it is so sad about the fatalities that occur on our roads.

    Happy Easter
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad about the accident, especially on a Holiday weekend.
    Hugs,
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from your mention of such a sad event your post is a treat to see and read. I can almost smell those hyacinths. Let's give joy for our families and the good things we share. Have a good weekend with your's as I will here and luckily the curly girlies sicky session was a one day problem.....and all the washing and cleaning up is done now!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter CB, hope you're having a lovely long weekend. Gorgeous photos, your tomato plants are doing well and I can just spot the sparrowhawk (don't like em much though, it always upsets me when I find a pile of feathers where they've been)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's sad, Alison - makes you thankful for small things. Love your flowers and the tomatoes - not sure about the hawk - NOT my favourite birds! Happy Easter. Hope you're blessed. Love to Mark xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just been having a scroll back through you blog, Alison and couldn't believe how long it's been since I visited!
    There are some lovely piccies to admire and I'm glad you're managing to get back to the old papercrafts - hope you're enjoying it lots!
    It's always so sad to pass an RTA and doubly so when you know there's been a fatality.
    Take care - must catch up soon
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated