About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Sunday 3 March 2013

52 Weeks of Happy - 9/52


Happy Sunday everyone. I struggled this week with my 4 things of happy and then realised it was a WHOLE week since I last blogged, The reason for my struggle was due to dealing with a very difficult family incident which I can't go into on here at the moment. But there is always brightness at the end of the tunnel which the freesias above reminded me of. I just love them.

Then, yesterday evening I went all out and had a mega baking session as I'll be unable to bake for a couple of weeks so decided to plan ahead and pop some in the freezer.
This time it's 2 fruit cakes, chocolate brownies and ginger biscuits, although the latter still aren't as good as my Easter biscuits.

This morning we awoke to newly baked bread fresh from the bread machine. I like to prep it at night and put it on timer. Mmmm! Nothing better.

Finally......Some paper crafting thanks to my monthly crafting workshop and this month the talented Ann Bletcher who showed us how to make a word book.
More of this in my next posting but there's my 4 things of happy for this week.

Back soon, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated