About Me

My photo
My name's Alison but for reasons too long to go into I'm known as Cockney Blonde or CB for short. I've been rubber stamping for several years but now spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting. However, with the advent of a New Year I have bitten the bullet and am tackling my usually hated pastime of sewing. I've even bought 'Sewing for Dummies' to guide me on my way. I've been with my hubby Dave for 24 years and between us we have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. We also have 2 cats and a dog, the latter features as my 'photo' image. I used to be able to blog daily but these days I struggle to blog weekly. Hopefully now we are settled into our new home in the country, I can get back to a daily (well almost) update from the room I now have to share with hubby. No more personal crafting space for me!!! Thanks to all the blogs and sites I follow for all your brilliant inspiration, and thank you to everyone who finds the time to comment on my blog.

Saturday 26 July 2014

So, this is what I made

Do you remember my post from 16th July 'So what am I making with these?'
Well, this is the first finished item, from the sewing machine. I'd originally bought the fabric for another project which is not going according to plan. So having placed that on the back burner for now, I proceeded with another childrens' project.
I tied the batting through the layers so that it doesn't wriggle about in the wash, and let the ends show on the reverse of the item. I'm really quite chuffed with how its turned out.
A baby's playmat. It will be for our new little grandee, due in December. Not sure if Mummy and Daddy will keep this one or will prefer the other one which is under construction. Either way, they will keep one and we will keep the other.

The needles and hook are still in action so no 'show and tell' on those yet.

Must stock up on PINK yarn.........

'til next time, enjoy the lovely weather and have a good weekend, x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alison. I like what you did with those fabrics. It's a sweet play mat. Thanks too for commenting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks perfect for a playmat. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you can't wait to see the new grandee giggling on the beautiful play mat! Fantastic project and can't wait to see the next one :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for calling by at mine earlier and for your lovely comments.
    Really love your finished play mat and just know your expected grandee will too.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 19

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your comments are really appreciated